When we created the addon for Xero integration to Pet Manager we realised it required a change to the way financial information is stored in Pet Manager.
Our systems automatically migrated the data from the existing methods to follow Xero accounting rules following the steps below.
- Negative invoices are converted to credit notes
- Legacy credits are converted to overpayments (or credit notes, if created from booking cancelled)
- Payments greater than the amount owing on an invoice are converted to overpayments
- Negative payments are converted to refunds (paid from credit notes or overpayments)
- Legacy allocations are converted to new allocations (allocated from credit notes or overpayments)
- Negative payments less than the amount on an invoice (overrefunds) are redistributed across available credits/overpayments
- New credit notes created are automatically allocated to outstanding invoices
- Customer owing/credit totals are recalculated
- Invoice/Credit Note statuses are updated (unless voided or booking cancelled)
- All new data is back-dated to the same paid/invoiced/created dates as the original data
If you had a Pet Manager subscription prior to 11/03/2019 you database has been upgraded. You should not see any issues from this process, but please contact support if you have any issues.